Assignment two took a lot longer than I had anticipated. Thinking that the assignment was due at 10am Monday morning, one of my group partners and I spent most of the weekend going over the questions, breaking it down, analyzing it and then finally coming to a conclusion and selecting an appropriate type of proof method to use. From the first assignment, I've learned that though we are no longer required to write up a formal proof, it is still necessary to include most of the proof structure and details which is where we lost the most marks.
In my opinion, the first and last questions where the most difficult. The ternary tree required some time to determing a recursive pattern which did not end up being as complex as it seemed at first. After realizing the pattern, it was still difficult to explain it in a clear and concise manner. This is when my partner and I went through it step by step to seek the best way to approach the proof. We decicded structural induction fit the problem the best. The last question required code tracing in python. The square-root function threw me off a little at first as I didn't see what its purpose was which made me conclude that the program was not correct. Upon a closer analysis and the hints provided on the bulletin board, it then became clear that the program seemed correct.
Hopefully we did better on this assignment than we had done in the last!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment