Looking back now that classes are over, I feel like though the term seemed short, a lot was learned. As I begin to start preparing for exams, I fear that I will not be able to remember everything we have gone over seeing how it is the last exam of the week for me, after a series of 2 others, two days before it. As I can now compare this course to CSC165, I definitely enjoy this one more due to the structure of the proofs. It made things more understandable and less abstract. Though the feedback on the assignments were not as clear as I would have hoped, the posted solutions made more sense. I really enjoyed the course up to and including regular expressions where I slipped a little behind. Hopefully, I will be able to learn it all and achieve a better understanding of it all before the exam.
My plan to cover the material taught will be to work backwards from the most recent to the initial induction topics. Though many of the latter topics rely heavily on the earlier material, it will serve as a review for those topics as well. The most confusing sections for me remain to be DFSAs, Pushdown Automata and the Pumping Lemma. I'm still not quite sure exactly what it is that they do. What would be really helpful would be to see example problems on the later sections that weren't tested on, along with its solutions. It would help in exam preparations.
Overall, this course was very enjoyable! =) I hope that I will get the chance to be in Danny's class again for another course. Great teaching methods! Thanks!!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment